Meet Dmitry Misko, managing director at Primerose Solutions LLP, one of the developers behind Hobby Farm! Hobby Farm is one of the newest time management games on the WildTangent Games App. You’ll play as Jill and create your dream farm on a beautiful island in over 50 levels of fun. Check out Dmitry’s hints for Hobby Farm and a new idea for his next game that involves tasty treats!
Tell us about yourself and how you got into game development.
My career began at Aliasworlds. I was responsible for the development of the entire Snowy game series. Then I was engaged in development of many hit casual titles for well-known casual publishers like I-play, Legacy Interactive and PlayFirst. Today, I lead a new publishing company and Hobby Farm is our first game to be published. We provide casual gamers with simple and challenging games for various platforms.
What was your favorite part about creating Hobby Farm?
My favorite part is inventing interesting things and figuring out how they work. I also enjoy making the game simple but challenging.
If you had any superpower, what would it be and why?
It’s so boring to go to bed every day. It must be great to not sleep for a half a year or so. Like Jill, she doesn’t sleep at all! Just imagine how much additional time you would get to travel, work, play sports and play games of course!
What tips and tricks do you have for WildTangent players who are playing Hobby Farm?
- The main key to success is to organize your farm efficiently. It’s useful to plant at least 6 patches of every plant at the very beginning.
- You can significantly increase the efficiency of animals if you keep the food trough full of fruits.
- You can replay any level at any time to get the expert time.
- Don’t hesitate to use John. He is lazy but very useful.
- You receive stars for every thief you scare away. It’s a good strategy to call John for a help at night and focus on protecting the farm from thieves.
What is your favorite level of Hobby Farm?
Hobby Farm island is inspired by Seychelles, an island near Madagascar. I found Javan apples there. Who doesn’t want to spend their vacation on tropical island? Sun, sea, beach and… farming will keep you in good shape.
You’re on a farm that doesn’t grow traditional foods, like fruits and veggies, but grows candy bars.What would your favorite “plant” be and why?
Every! I can’t imagine my life without candy. By the way, thank you for the good idea for the next farming game!
Play Hobby Farm on WildTangent.com!