You’ve got to be kidding me!
I just read your compilation of The 15 Greatest Video Game Sidekicks of All Time. And, a very important sidekick is conspicuously absent from the list.
J. You missed J! As in PB….and J from the famed Polar Bowler games. This very proper, bow-tied penguin has every single positive characteristic of an insanely awesome sidekick like:
- He’s flightless. You know he’s not going anywhere because he can’t. That means he’ll always be by your side.
- He’s a bird. Birds are traditional sidekicks! Examples? Robin, Woodstock, and those creepy parrots that pirates always have on their shoulders.
- He’s ashamed of PB… a lot. All good sidekicks should constantly question their protagonist counterpart’s behavioral choices
- He always carries a towel, which means he’s ready for anything.
- He makes a fine fish sandwich. Never overlook the value of a top sandwich artist.
- And, finally, he looks sharp in a bow tie.
J, take a bow. You may not have made Mashable’s list, but, today, you’re our favorite sidekick.
(Take that Yoshi!)