Weekly Tangent – Smart Gear Gets Hairy…

weeklytangent_587x239

Hello ‘Tangenters,

You know how much we love our Android devices here at WildTangent. We have an app dedicated to playing on them.

Our smartphones and tablets seem pretty darn futuristic. And, as more and more people adopt these devices, the next electronic trend looks like it will be wearable gadgets that sync with our technology.

Watches and glasses are now “smart.” Developers have even begun to integrate games into these techy fashion statements.

And, then there’s this:

Sony … is seeking a U.S. patent for “SmartWig” hairpieces that could help navigate roads, check blood pressure or flip through slides in a presentation.

From this article.

iStock_Wig_425x282

This is how I imagine it will look. Sign me up.

It’s definitely a… creative idea. What kind of game do you think would work with a smart wig? I hope it’s something like Sally’s Salon — I mean that’s ripe for the picking right there. You’re welcome, world.

So, what do you think? Cool? Not Cool?

What accessories do you use with your devices? Tell me in the comments!

Tangentially,
Mari

Tags: , , , , ,

6 Responses to “Weekly Tangent – Smart Gear Gets Hairy…”

1. Spock December 5, 2013 at 2:43 PM #

I think I would look rather silly in a long wig like that. I wouldn’t mind something that would insert into a special pocket on a shirt or trousers.

Of course, I can just imagine what would happen the first time I went to wash them, “Honey, did you realize you left your computer link in your shirt? I just got it out of the washing machine and it’s kind of wet …”

• Mari December 5, 2013 at 3:04 PM #

But, if everyone’s wearing long wigs then you won’t look silly, right? It’s kind of like 80s fashion… it was hip at the time because everyone was wearing it. Maybe I’m just too nostalgic, though. :)

Fancy electronics going through the wash? Noooo! That would be awful, but I can totally see that happening. I’m surprised it doesn’t happen more often with phones. They are, however, making waterproof phones now. So, maybe the wearable electronics be a little more durable by the time they go in our pockets. That would be a good thing.

2. Spock December 6, 2013 at 6:51 PM #

There are already keyboards that you can roll up when not using them that are supposed to be waterproof as well. If keyboards, then why not anything else?

Feel free to remove the above link if you want, I just wanted you to see one.

• Mari December 9, 2013 at 7:58 AM #

That’s really cool. Have you tried one? Do they work well?

I’m seeing more and more waterproof electronics. It’s pretty neat stuff. Although, I’m not sure if they’re durable enough to go through a spin cycle, though!

• Spock December 9, 2013 at 3:35 PM #

Just hang it up with your delicates, that’s what I do. :P

• Mari December 10, 2013 at 9:50 AM #