WildTangent Studios Wednesday – Announcing PB’s Holiday Lane

wtstudioswednesdaysblog_587x294

Hello ‘Tangenter,

It’s the holidays! And, PB LOVES this time of year. Starting tomorrow, holiday decorations will cover PB’s Polar Bowler 1st Frame lane! How festive!

polarbowlerfirstframe_pinhouse_holiday

Get your first sneak peek at PB’s holiday lane!

PB’s love of all things ornamental got us thinking. What is the history of some of our favorite holiday decorations?

Lights

Beautiful, twinkling, illuminating. Lights are such a sign of the season. And, they’re important to many cultures and many holidays. The illumination they provide represents guidance, hope and miracles. Ancient worshippers of the Winter Solstice and today’s Candy Cane Laners know that lights warm the holidays.

Wreaths

statue

It’s graceful – like some kind of holiday swan, don’t you think?

According to the dictionary, a wreath is “a circular band of flowers, foliage, or any ornamental work, for adorning the head or for any decorative purpose.” From celebrating champions (think laurel wreaths in ancient Greece) to honoring our fallen, these decorations symbolize many different things and they’ve been around our homes for a very long time.

Trees

Decorating with trees has a long, long history – well before their adoption as Christmas-themed ornamentation, even. Ancient Egyptians filled their houses with palm rushes and the Vikings believed that evergreens belonged to the sun-god. As a sign of life throughout harsh winter, evergreens have decorated homes across the world for centuries.

Thanks to PB and his fun holiday decorations for inspiring this post! Don’t forget to play Polar Bowler 1st Frame on your favorite device starting tomorrow to bowl on PB’s holiday lane! It won’t last forever!

Get it on:

wtstudiogames_587x200

<div style=”clear: both;”></div>

12 Responses to “WildTangent Studios Wednesday – Announcing PB’s Holiday Lane”

1. Spock December 11, 2013 at 10:45 AM #

Hmm, iOS? Does that mean I can play it on my iPad? It would appear so. I will have to try.

• Mari December 11, 2013 at 11:04 AM #

It sure does!!

2. Spock December 13, 2013 at 1:21 PM #

I checked using my wife’s iPad and it is indeed there. Who would have thought, Wildtangent games on the iPad!

Polar Bowler wasn’t created by WT though was it? If it was created by WT, I sure hope they plan on converting the FATE series of games as well!

• Mari December 13, 2013 at 2:19 PM #

Hi Spock!

It was developed by WT Studios.

And… FATE was actually just re-released on Steam yesterday.

In fact, someone posted your site in the forum already and thanked you by name!

You’re FATE famous!

• Spock December 13, 2013 at 7:36 PM #

Fascinating. Thanks for that information. I use Steam only because I’m forced to because that is the version of Skyrim for the PC that I have.

I just made a post in the WT forums about the Steam FATE. Evidently it isn’t Mod Manager friendly, so may not be moddable. Still waiting to hear from someone who has a Steam version.

Also, the Console is not accessible when using the Steam version. Some may consider that a plus, others not so much. ;)

• Mari December 16, 2013 at 9:48 AM #

Good to know!

3. Spock December 14, 2013 at 10:48 AM #

Well, I got Polar Bowler today and it’s just as much fun as the PC version but I haven’t yet been able to figure out how to pay to remove the Ads. 99¢ isn’t that much to pay to have uninterrupted game play but I haven’t been able to figure out how to do it.

I remember seeing that option when I was looking at the game in the App Store but now …

Maybe it’s just my “Old-timers” kicking in again. :o

• Mari December 16, 2013 at 10:26 AM #

Hi Spock – You should be able to tap the upper right corner in the main menu that will take you to an option to remove the ads. You’ll still get the sponsored free crate offers, but the ads should be gone.

I hope this helps!

-Mari

• Spock December 16, 2013 at 12:53 PM #

You mean that big bright triangle in the upper right corner that says Ad Removel? :o

• Mari December 16, 2013 at 12:54 PM #

Yup! :)

• Spock December 16, 2013 at 1:02 PM #

Done, just gave WT some more revenue to pay you to keep blogging. ;)

• Mari December 16, 2013 at 1:10 PM #

Much appreciated! I’m glad that I was able to help. :)