Popular Play – WildTangent Studios’ Swipe The Gold!

Aye, Matey.

WildTangent Studios has shivered their timbers and created a fun, tongue-in-cheek pirate game all about looting booty!

screen_01_swipethegoldandroid

You can get it on both iOS (iPhone, iPad and iPod touch) and Android.

Avast! Get your sea legs and start plundering!

Ahoy, do ye swipe or do ye tap when ye play, my piratical friend?

screen_04_swipethegoldandroid

Tags: , , , , , , ,

25 Responses to “Popular Play – WildTangent Studios’ Swipe The Gold!”

1. Spock July 27, 2014 at 3:32 PM #

GREAT!!! Will have to download this to try it out when I next power up my iPad. :)

Of course then it may take me a while to actually comment on it online as I now must go through an obstacle course to get to the computer I use for all my heavy Internet interactions. :(

I guess now I have no more excuses do I. ;)

2. Spock July 28, 2014 at 8:55 AM #

OK, I downloaded the game to my iPad and played it. Now I will have to create a review/walkthrough for the game. I quite enjoyed it and would rate it an 7 out of 10. There are a couple of things I don’t like about it and there is a section of the game that seems not to be working yet.

Once I finish the review, I will post a link here.

• Mari July 28, 2014 at 8:58 AM #

That’s awesome. Thanks for taking such a deep look at it, Spock! :) I can’t wait to see your review.

3. Spock July 28, 2014 at 9:44 AM #

OK, the Game Review is up:

I will try to do a simple walkthrough later in the same topic when I can get some images transferred from my iPad to my iMac.

• Mari July 28, 2014 at 9:52 AM #

Awesome! Thanks, Spock!

4. Spock July 29, 2014 at 1:25 AM #

OK, finished the Walkthrough. Would appreciate some feedback in the forum about possible wording corrections or any desired additions. The above link will take you to the first post and the second post will allow you to download the document or you can just grab it here:

This is the first original Walkthrough I’ve ever created from scratch, so there are probably many things that could/should be changed.

• Mari July 29, 2014 at 8:50 AM #

Thanks for putting this together, Spock. I think it’ll be really helpful for a lot of people. :)

5. Spock July 30, 2014 at 6:31 AM #

I would appreciate it if someone would check out my “Walkthrough” for accuracy. It isn’t very long but I don’t want to publish anything that might be misleading.

Once anyone in WT has had a chance to take a look and approve it, I don’t mind if you offer it free with the game as long as proper credit is maintained.

• Mari July 30, 2014 at 8:50 AM #

Hiya Spock,

I’ll ask the Studios team to take a look. :) I’m not sure what the policy is, though.

Thanks for putting that together!

-Mari

6. Spock July 30, 2014 at 7:48 AM #

Evidently the game has been updated so that the in-app purchases are now working. I helped my wife download the game to her iPad and the Tonic area had prices showing. Is there any way, short of deleting the app and forcing a re-download, for me to get the latest version?

Also I’ve noticed that when you restart the game it doesn’t reset the Kraken call that you start off with for a fresh install.

• Mari July 30, 2014 at 8:51 AM #

Hi Spock – Good questions. I’ll see if I can find the answers for you. :) – Mari

• Mari July 31, 2014 at 4:34 PM #

Hi Spock – So, normally, we’d send all requests like this through our CS team, but since this is iOS specific, we have some recommendations. :)

There isn’t actually an update, yet. So, the game on your iPad is technically the same one as the one on your wife’s. The suggestions are to either restart your device, sign out of iTunes or try some different network connections. I’m not sure if you’ve tried these or not already. Hopefully, one of those will work. You might have to contact Apple or iTunes if it doesn’t.

Also, the first Kraken is a tutorial Kraken, so he doesn’t actually reset when the game is reset.

I hope that helps!

-Mari

7. Spock July 31, 2014 at 8:31 PM #

I tried resetting my iPad; nothing changed.

I only have one network connection, so will try that next time I go to the Apple store.

I didn’t get the App from iTunes, I got it from the App Store. In any case, iTunes would have closed down, if it had been open, when I reset my iPad; nothing changed.

The only thing I can think of to do is to delete the App and re-download it. I’m getting some information for the Walkthrough right now, so will probably try it to morrow.

If I purchase Kracken calls will any used ones reappear if I restart the game?

• Mari August 1, 2014 at 9:41 AM #

Hi Spock,

On the Kraken Calls – using it uses it up. So, they won’t reappear.

Good luck and avast! :)

-Mari

8. Spock August 3, 2014 at 2:10 PM #

Well, the matter is moot at best. I removed the game from my iPad and reinstalled it. I know it reinstalled because I had to go through the tutorial again which included the single Kraken call but the in-app purchase prices still don’t appear.

I usually have in-app purchases turned off but turned them back on just to check and it didn’t make any difference. :(

During one of my play-throughs, I got the Golden Skull which seems to indicate that I won but I still want to be able to access all the Coin levels. That would seem to be impossible without the ability to use additional Kraken calls.

Without the ability to regenerate purchased Kraken calls, or even to be able to purchase them in the first place, this game have very little replay value, so I am starting to lose interest in it. I will keep an eye on things at least until the next upgrade in the hope that something changes that will allow me to unlock what I cannot do now. Lacking that, I will eventually remove the game.

I will be updating my walkthrough with some additional information I have been able to deduce but will probably not have more to do or say after that. :(

• Mari August 4, 2014 at 1:32 PM #

Hi Spock!

I’m sorry to hear the in-app purchases aren’t working! Hm, unfortunately, we don’t have any other recommendations.

The only thing I can think of is to contact Apple Support and see if they have any suggestions. Good luck!

-Mari

9. Sunny August 14, 2014 at 5:46 PM #

I found this game 3 weeks ago. I am hooked! I played it two days before restarting because I was annoying with the earning coins per second without swiping. I couldn’t tell what I was earning when I was manually swiping.
    On my second go it has been almost 3 weeks.
    I did a lot of manual swiping and was conflicted if I should let the chest accumulate AND manually swipe…or one or the other…
    I was trying to get to the chest earning 600kb an hour so for several days I figured if I was patient and quickly collected the money and then closed the game…I could avoid the Royal Navy (it really works) AND get to my goals. My hand was getting worn out from pressing the screen!
    It might not be AS fun to some but so far it’s helping me keep what I collect and get to my goals.
    Hope this helps!

• Mari August 15, 2014 at 9:10 AM #

My strategy for tapping is to use two fingers and switch hands periodically.

Your “auto-earn” technique sounds like a good one! If you’re earning 600kb an hour, how often do you have to empty your chest?

Thanks for sharing, Sunny!

-Mari

• Sunny August 25, 2014 at 10:22 AM #

Hey Mari. I stopped tapping for gold because my hand was getting worn out! I let the chest collect until I reached the Seawitch and Davy Jones Locker. That is as high as it goes which is not much at all when I want to get to BBB level money. I decided to buy the Man O War so then I was able to collect a KB every hour or more. I actually let it run all yesterday. I had 3-4 Bad Joss and it worked out where they ran away or I got money. I was able to get up to 50kb!
        but now I am frustrated being at Platinum Diamond which is 125KB and not sure how I will get there. The chest will take like 125 days and the Navy will keep reducing my mb/second count.
        It did today so I am at 1.11bb/second.
        I figure the royal navy pops by every 3-4 hours which helps collecting. I do not tap because its too much work.

Im not sure the secret to getting the final Platinum Ruby!
        I am amazed I got to the level I am on, took a few weeks but I did it!

ps… I had a scroll pop up once and I accidentally got rid of it, no idea what it said. I think once I got to the sea witch davy jones locker, maybe that’s it… or it’s the amount collected??

• Mari August 25, 2014 at 12:17 PM #

Hi Sunny,

Wow! Nicely done! You are really far.

You’ve got some great tips in your post. Thanks for sharing! And, good luck getting to your Platinum Ruby!

I’m not sure what that scroll is, either. Hm. I’ll see if I can find the answer for you. :)

The Studios team is so glad you’re having fun with this game!

Keep on swiping the gold!

-Mari

• Sunny August 26, 2014 at 6:39 AM #

I decided to restart the game today. I have a new strategy I want to try out. Also, I didn’t think I would be able to get to the Plat Ruby 125kb anytime soon.

Thanks for the reply! It’s an addictive game. Helped me keep my mind off eating a few times which doesn’t hurt!!

• Mari August 26, 2014 at 12:00 PM #

Hi Sunny,

Restarting is a big move! :) But, it allows you to hone your techniques a little bit after all the experience with the last game, huh?

About that scroll, we’re not sure which scroll it was that disappeared, but I don’t think it was super important.

Also, according to the Studios guys, the best way to get to the Platinum Ruby is to purchase some Kraken calls or get a lucky spin when the Navy comes around. Either way, you’re sticking with it and using some great strategies, so I’m sure you’ll get there!

Enjoy your swiping!

-Mari

10. Sunny August 27, 2014 at 11:04 AM #

Thanks!! Glad to be able to talk to someone who knows the game. I’d like to get some kraken calls if necessary. I might at some point. Its rough losing $ and seconds.

• Mari August 27, 2014 at 11:07 AM #

Hi, Sunny!

The Studios team loves hearing about how much you’re enjoying the game!

Kraken Calls ARE pretty powerful… :)

-Mari

• Sunny August 30, 2014 at 7:40 AM #

yay!! I’ll update if I get closer on my coin goal! might be a few weeks!