It is important to stress that no private or sensitive personal information such as user names, email addresses, passwords, or credit card account numbers is ever stored in any kind of cookie. The only identifying information is anonymous numbers or strings that are generated by our web sites; these numbers only have meaning to our web site.
Here is a breakdown of the general categories of cookies, along with specific examples, that may be set while using WildTangent's web sites:
Essential cookies are cookies that WildTangent uses to store user information that allows a user to play and purchase games conveniently. The essential cookies WildTangent include:
- wgn_s—a session cookie, which lasts only until you close your browser or until your WildTangent session is inactive for more than approximately 20 minutes. It is used to store a few basic pieces of information such as your anonymous WildTangent ID and your locale.
- wgn_displayLocale—used to preserve your choice of languages so that you do not need to reset it every time you use WildTangent.
- wt_international—set if you have explicitly chosen to keep using a WildTangent site for a country different from the country you're located in. For example if a German user goes to our French site, wildtangent.fr, and responds "No, thanks" to our suggestion to go to our German site wildtangent.de, this cookie would be set to store the user's preference.
- ecs_lastauth—used to facilitate secure purchases.
- wt_eucookie—used to store your acceptance or rejection of the use of non-essential cookies, so that you do not need to enter this information each time you come to WildTangent.
- fb_t—stores the Facebook authentication token, to avoid repeated logins.
- fb_u—stores the numerical, internal Facebook id for a user, to avoid repeated logins.
- __RequestVerificationToken_Lw__—stores a long, randomly generated code to facilitate secure login and transactions.
- ecs_guid, ecs_lastauth, ecs_uak—store information to facilitate secure e-commerce transactions.
- purchase_tracking_source, purchase_tracking_wopr_id, wgn_conformationcode—store information for approximately 10 minutes about the most recent purchase.
- wgn_dp—stores the distribution partner, if any, through which you arrived at the web site.
To facilitate actions such as playing Facebook games and commenting on games via Facebook and Twitter, WildTangent uses code obtained from these partners, which then sets cookies under one of the wildtangent domains (e.g., wildtangent.com, wildtangent.fr, wildtangent.co.uk). Among the essential cookies WildTangent cookies set by our partners are:
- fbm_(id)—a cookie used by facebook to store that you have successfully logged into the game with the id in the cookie name. id is a long number that identifies the game to facebook.
- fbsr_(id)—another cookie used by facebook to store that you have successfully logged into the game with the id in the cookie name. id is a long number that identifies the game to facebook.
These cookies are used by our partners to collect statistical information about our users to enhance game experience and are set in domains other than a wildtangent domain. These essential third-party cookies include:
- twitter.com sets a pid cookie to enable the Twitter buttons in our UI as well as over a dozen cookies when a user logs into their twitter account to tweet about games.
- facebook.com sets a number of cookies once a user logs in (c_user, datr, locale, lu, s, xs) for facebook games.
These cookies are used by WildTangent and our partners to collect statistical information about our users to enhance game experience and are set under one of the wildtangent domains (e.g., wildtangent.com, wildtangent.fr, wildtangent.co.uk). The analytics cookies WildTangent sets include:
- WT_pregame_newsletter—stores whether you have signed up for the WildTangent newsletter.
- swizzler_id—stores a unique id which we share with some of our affiliate partners.
- adShown—a cookie set to coordinate the showing of an ad from sponsors before certain free online games.
- __qca—Quantcast analytics cookies.
- __utma, __utmb, __utmc, ..., __utmz—Google Analytics cookies.
- __wtaa, __wtab, __wtac—WildTangent Analytics cookies.
WildTangent provides you with the capability to limit many of these analytics cookies. If you click on the "No thanks" button at the bottom of this page, WildTangent turns off Quantcast, Google, and its own proprietary analytics collection and stops writing information in these cookies. We do not delete these cookies, though you may do so yourself with via your browser's cookie management capabilities.
These cookies are used by our partners to collect statistical information about our users to enhance game experience and are set in domains other than a wildtangent domain. The outside domains you may see set cookies while using our website include:
- quantserve.com—Quantcast analytics cookies.
- doubleclick.net—Google-based ad provider cookies
- __utma, __utmb, __utmc, ..., __utmz—Google Analytics cookies set independently by various games and ads.
- scorecardresearch.com—tracking and analytics cookies set by comScore.
- atdmt.com—tracking cookie served by Microsoft subsidiary Atlas Solutions.
- imrworldwide.com—analytics cookies set by Netratings Site Census.
Because these cookies are set directly by outside companies outside of wildtangent domains, WildTangent is unable to control these cookies or to access the information in them. You may limit them yourself by blocking third-party cookies using the directions we provide below. Blocking third-party cookies, though, will not only block advertising and analytics cookies by outside companies but also essential cookies used by companies like twitter and facebook. Therefore some functionality in our site may not work properly if you opt to block third-party cookies.
- At the top of your browser, click on "Tools".
- On the Tools menu, select "Internet Options".
- Go to the "Privacy" Tab, then click the "Default" button.
- Click the "Advanced" button. In the "Advanced Privacy Settings" check the "Override automatic cookie handling" box.
- In the "Third-party Cookies" column, select the option "Block".
- Click OK.
- At the top of your browser, click on "Tools".
- On the Tools menu, select "Options".
- Click on the "Privacy" icon.
- On the Privacy screen, check the box for "Accept cookies from sites".
- Uncheck the box "Accept third-party cookies".
- Click OK.
- Click the wrench menu.
- On the wrench menu, select "Settings".
- At the bottom of the Settings page, click the "Show Advanced Settings" link.
- In the Privacy section, click the "Content settings..." button.
- Under Cookies, set the option "Allow local data to be set (recommended)".
- Check the box "Block third-party cookies and site data".
- Click OK at the bottom of the page.
- Click the gear menu.
- On the gear menu, select "Preferences...".
- In the Preferences window, select the Privacy icon.
- In the "Block cookies" section, select the option "From third parties and advertisers".
Please keep in mind that any program or action that deletes cookies will also delete your saved games, game progress, or high scores, since those are saved as cookies. This includes deleting temporary Internet files, using Disk Cleanup and removing temporary internet files, or using a system cleanup tool that removes the cookies.